Nami Island is a small half moon shape island. Famous for its beautiful tree lined roads. It is formed as a result of the construction of Cheongpyeong Dam. It is film location of the famous Korean Drama – Winter Sonata.
- Ride to Yongsan or Cheongyangni Station (whichever is nearest to you)
- Purchase an ITX ticket to Gapyeong station (train bound Chuncheon). There is a personnel available to assist you in getting your ticket. (Ticket price is 4,800 KRW [with reserved seats], 3,600 KRW without reserved seats). The trip is about 2-3 hours. I advised you to take the one with the reserved seats for comfort.
- At the Gapyeong station, there’s a bus station outside for Gapyeong Tourist bus. All day pass is 6,000 KRW and stops at all the tourist destinations in Gapyeong. Get the schedule at the Tourist office located beside the bus station. * Note: Don’t lose this ticket otherwise you have to pay for every ride.
To Nami Island:
- Get off at Naminara bus stop.
You have 2 options to get to the island:
- Go to the Namiseom port and purchase a ticket. (8,000 KRW discounted rate for foreigners). The ferry ride is included.
Via Namiseom Zip Wire
- The zipline station is located beside the port.( 38,00 KRW)
- Length: 3,083 feet long
- Average Percent Grade: 7.47%
- Top Speed: 35 miles per hour
- Cables: Two, side by side
- Duration: 1-1.5 min
- Operating Hours
- Summer 09:00-19:00
- Winter 09:00-18:00
Petite France is a French Cultural village. A Little Prince Theme Park and contains 16 French-style villages. The park also contains a memorial hall dedicated to Saint-Exupery, the author of the celebrated French novel, Le Petit Prince.
TV drama ‘Beethoven Virus’, ‘Secret Garden’ and ‘My Love from the Star’
To Petite France
- From Namiseom bus stop, ride the same bus going to Petite France
- Just show the bus driver your ticket stub.
- The ride is about 30-45 min.
- The next bus stop is Petite France
- Entrance is 10,000 KRW
Going back to Gapyeong station. Cross the street and wait for the bus bound for Gapyeong station.